Trash & Recycling
Inclement weather policy
If Bentonville Schools are closed due to weather, your trash typically will not be picked up that day. If only one day of pickup is missed, trash will be delayed by one day the remainder of the week. If two or more days are missed, please hold your trash until the following week. Trash will resume with the regular pick up schedule the remainder of the week.
Holiday Trash collection calendar
Republic Services provides each residence with one (1) sturdy 95-gallon wheeled poly-cart with a lid, free of charge. Additional carts can be requested, for a fee. Do not leave tied trash bags at the curb. All trash must be placed in the designated Republic receptacle.
- Republic Services will NOT pick up:
- Cardboard boxes containing loose trash or bagged trash not in the proper receptacle
- Yard waste of any kind with regular household trash (Yard waste collected separately for annual fee - call Republic for info.)
- Trash must be placed at the street by 6 a.m. on the day of service. You may put trash out for pickup up to twelve hours before 6 a.m. day of pickup, and remove trash receptacles no later than 12 hours after pickup.
- Trash service are billed quarterly, directly from Republic Services.
- If you have missed your pickup, you may take your regular household trash free of charge to Republic Services’ Transfer Station located at 36 Bella Vista Way (by the Animal Shelter, west of U.S. 71 at Bear Hollow Rd) during business hours. Proof of residency required at drop-off.
Republic Services will pick up one large item per week (no appliances) with prior notification. Call Republic at 800-431-1507 to schedule bulk item pickup. The pickup will be scheduled for either a Monday or a Friday, depending on your location. Place the item on the curb on that day by 6 a.m. for pickup. Examples of large items are: mattresses, furniture (except large sofas and sleeper sofas – call for arranging pickup), old grills, etc. You may also call them if you have questions regarding what is considered a large item.
The city schedules two appliance (white goods) pickups per year, typically the second week of April and October. Residents must pre-register items for pickup. Find information here.
The city does not contract for regular pickup of yard waste, but residents can set up this service directly with Republic Services by calling 800-431-1507. You will be provided a separate bin for yard waste, which is picked up once per week during the months of April through November. Cost is currently about $15 per month, and residents must pay up front for all 8 months.
There is no curbside recycling in Bella Vista, but recyclables can be taken to the Bella Vista Recycling Center at 400 Pinion Bluff Drive. The center is open for drop off 24 hours a day, 6 days a week - closed on Sundays - and staffed each day they are open from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Additionally, 100 percent of net proceeds from the sale of recycled materials from this center is passed directly on to local charities.
|MATERIALS NOT ALLOWED
Plastic food containers and trays
Plastic bags (can be taken to Harp's Foods at Town Center)
Styrofoam (can be taken to Rogers recycling center)
Other large item, appliance, yard waste disposal and recycling options, including tires, are provided through Benton County Solid Waste District: 5702 Brookside Road, Bentonville, 479-795-0751.