The City of Bella Vista contracts with Republic Services for household trash pickup service. Residents can set up trash service directly through Republic Services - 800-431-1507. Service day is determined by street name. If you do not know your designated pickup day, click the link below or call the city at 479-876-1255.
Inclement weather policy
If Bentonville Schools are closed due to weather, your trash typically will not be picked up that day. If only one day of pickup is missed, trash will be delayed by one day the remainder of the week. If two or more days are missed, please hold your trash until the following week. Trash will resume with the regular pick up schedule the remainder of the week.
Republic Services provides each residence with one (1) sturdy 95-gallon wheeled poly-cart with a lid, free of charge. New customers can also request a one-time swap to a smaller 65-gallon cart. Call Republic Services at 800-431-1507 to request a smaller size. Existing customers can swap container sizes for a $15 fee.
Residents are not allowed to leave tied trash bags at the curb. All trash must be placed in the designated Republic receptacle.
• Republic Services will NOT pick up:
- Cardboard boxes containing loose trash
- Yard waste of any kind with regular household trash. (Yard waste collected separately for annual fee. Call Republic for info.
• Trash must be placed at the street by 6 a.m. on the day of service. You may put trash out for pickup up to twelve hours before 6 a.m. day of pickup, and remove trash receptacles no later than 12 hours after pickup.
• Trash service are billed quarterly, directly from Republic Services.
• If you have missed your pickup, you may take your regular household trash, free of charge, to Republic Services’ Transfer Station located at 36 Bella Vista Way (by the Animal Shelter, west of U.S. 71 at Bear Hollow Rd). Please take identification indicating you are a resident of Bella Vista.
Republic Services will pick up one large item per week (no appliances) with prior notification. Call Republic at 800-431-1507 to schedule bulk item pickup. The pickup will be scheduled for either a Monday or a Friday, depending on your location. Place the item on the curb on that day by 6 a.m. for pickup. Examples of large items are: mattresses, furniture (except large sofas and sleeper sofas – call for arranging pickup), electronics, old grills, etc. You may also call them if you have questions regarding what is considered a large item.
The city schedules two appliance (white goods) pickups per year, typically the second weeks of April and October. Residents must call City Hall during the two weeks prior to each pickup to register their item.
Although the city does not contract for pickup of yard waste, residents can set up this service directly with Republic Services by calling 800-431-1507.
Bella Vista Recycling Center — 400 Pinion Bluff Dr, Bella Vista 479-876-5343
Benton County Solid Waste — 5702 Brookside Rd, Bentonville 479-795-0751
Tires can be disposed of at Benton County Solid Waste Monday through Saturday. Four passenger tires per month are allowed for no charge.