The Back 40 Fall for All trail festival planned
Join us to celebrate all things trails during the annual Back 40 Fall for All trail festival.
The City of Bella Vista will host this event at Blowing Springs Park starting at 8 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 14. The park is located at 700 Blowing Spring Rd. and can be accessed off Mercy Way from U.S. 71.
Local retailers, community groups, cycling advocacy groups, and more have come together for this community event, and residents of all ages are invited! Do you use Bella Vista’s trails regularly? Have you never stepped foot on any of them? This is your chance to gather with your community to share your love of the trails or get to know more about what you have in your own backyard.
Trail activities are scheduled to begin at 8 a.m., and include a variety of mountain bike rides, a ride on the Razorback Greenway to the Bentonville square and back, and group hikes. Following these events, attendees can enjoy live music in the park, vendors, food trucks, a beer garden and a bike parade.
Enjoy live music in the park from Christian Serrano-Torres from 10 a.m. to noon, followed by Monk is King from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. The Northwest Arkansas Conservatory will host creative movement and dancers on the lawn from 10 a.m. to noon, honoring the important role pollinators play in our ecosystem.
Full schedule of events:
- 8 a.m. – 4-6 mile mountain bike ride on the Back 40 trails, starting from the Bella Vista Community Church trailhead, hosted by Lewis and Clark Outfitters. A shuttle with limited seating will leave from Blowing Springs at 7:45 a.m.
- 8:45 a.m. - Eco-Ride on the 11 Under Trails, hosted by Mojo Cycling. A shuttle with limited seating will leave from Blowing Springs outer parking lot at 8:45 a.m., ride begins at 9 a.m. Starting location TBD.
- 9 a.m. – Blowing Springs to Bentonville Square and back on the Razorback Greenway, leaving from the Blowing Springs parking lot and hosted by the Bella Vista Bike Club.
- 9 a.m. – 20-30 mile mountain bike ride, location TBD, hosted by the Ozark Off-Road Cyclists (OORC).
Blowing Springs Park trails, hosted by the Master Naturalists & Arkansas Forestry Commission.
- 9 a.m. - Tree ID - Master Naturalists
- 9 a.m. - Exploring Nature – Master Naturalists
- 10:45 a.m. to noon - Fall Coloration - Arkansas Forestry Commission
- 1:30 p.m. - Kids afternoon eco-activity - Master Naturalists
Musicians (near the pavilion in the rear of the park):
- 10 a.m. to noon – Christian Serrano-Torres
- 10 a.m. to noon – Creative movement and dancers from the NWA Conservatory on the Blowing Springs lawn near the pavilion
- 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Monk is King
A decorating booth hosted by the Artist Retreat Center will be set up from 10 a.m. to noon, then the parade will start at the Blowing Springs Pavilion at noon.
Food, drink and vendor booths:
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Food trucks and vendors will be set up in the park, along with a beer garden provided by Saddlebock Brewery starting at 11 a.m.